Precision Encoders for the World’s Machines and Instruments
Mercury II™ Series
Mercury II’s advanced sensor design achieves resolutions up to 1.2nm and high accuracy performance in a compact sensor body.
|Dimensions||22.6 x 12.7 x 8.1 mm|
|Interface, Digital||A quad B with index and limits|
|Interpolation||up to x16,384 in the connector|
|Resolutions||5 µm - 1.2 nm|
|Accuracy Class, Linear Glass||up to +/- 1 µm|
|Accuracy Class, Linear Metal Tape||-|
|Grating Pitch||20 µm|
|Max Speed||5 m/s|
Linear Scale/Grating Compatibility
|Highest Accuracy Class||+/- 5µm||+/- 1µm|
|Measuring Length||up to 30m||up to 995mm|
|Material||Inconel 625||Soda lime glass|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||13ppm/°C||8ppm/°C|
|Mounting||Pressure Sensitive Adhesive||Epoxy|
- Mercury II’s encoder technology achieves the highest resolution and accuracy in its class, with low cyclical error, low jitter, smaller sensors, and lower power consumption.
- Mercury II’s low cyclical error surpasses every other 20μm encoder. The benefits are smoother velocity control for linear motors, stages and wire bonders; More precise, and faster linear positioning.
- Smallest tape scale system available: only 6mm wide, including index and limits - less than 1/2 the width of other encoder systems.
- Broadest Alignment Tolerances: With the broadest alignment tolerances in the industry, a full +/-2 degrees, Mercury II is the easiest and the fastest sensor to align and setup. You can align the Mercury II sensor in under 30 seconds.
- Built-in or Stick-on Optical Index and Limits: Order tape or linear glass scales with built-in markers for fastest installation, or install stick-on index and limit markers anywhere on cut-to-length tape scales.