Compact Precision Encoders for High Vacuum Applications
Mercury II™ Series
Mercury II™ digital output high-vacuum rated encoders offer class-leading resolution, accuracy, and small sensor size. With MicroE’s broad alignment tolerances, no other commercially available 10-8 Torr rated encoder is easier to align, easier to use, or easier to integrate into your designs.
|Dimensions||22.6 x 12.7 x 8.1 mm|
|Interface, Digital||A quad B with index and limits|
|Interpolation||up to x16,384 in the connector|
|Resolutions||5 µm - 1.2 nm|
|Accuracy Class, Linear Glass||up to +/- 1 µm|
|Accuracy Class, Linear Metal Tape||-|
|Grating Pitch||20 µm|
|Max Speed||5 m/s|
|Operating Environment||Vacuum up to 10^-8|
Linear Scale/Grating Compatibility
|Highest Accuracy Class||+/- 1µm|
|Measuring Length||up to 995mm|
|Material||Soda lime glass|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||8ppm/°C|
- The MII 6000V sensor is vented and constructed with vacuum compatible materials and designed for a 48 hour bake out at 150°C.
- Mercury II’s encoder technology achieves the highest resolution and accuracy in its class, with low cyclical error, low jitter, smaller sensors, and lower power consumption.
- Mercury II’s low cyclical error surpasses every other 20μm encoder. The benefits are smoother velocity control for linear motors, stages and wire bonders; More precise, and faster linear positioning.
- Smallest scale system available: only 6mm wide, including index and limits - less than 1/2 the width of other encoder systems.
- Broadest Alignment Tolerances: With the broadest alignment tolerances in the industry, a full +/-2 degrees, Mercury II is the easiest and the fastest sensor to align and setup. You can align the Mercury II sensor in under 30 seconds.
- Built-in Optical Index and Limits: Order linear glass scales with built-in markers for fast installation.