Why do you use the term ‘position sensor’?

The term for one of our products would be ‘absolute displacement transducer’, but for simplicity, we use the term position sensor. Other applicable terms might include position encoder, position transmitter, rotary encoder, linear encoder, rotary sensor, shaft encoder, angle resolver, angle synchro, displacement transmitter.

You can find further information in our technical paper ‘Position Sensors – Choosing the right sensor’.

< Back to FAQs

Further information on Zettlex Products