Zettlex position sensor technology uses a unique inductive technique. The basic position sensing principles are similar to traditional inductive proximity switches or measuring transformers but rather than wire windings or spools, Zettlex inductive encoders use printed circuit boards (PCBs).
Advantages of Zettlex inductive encoder technology include:-
- High accuracy
- Stability irrespective of environmental conditions
- Measurement performance largely independent of installation tolerances
- Insensitivity to foreign matter
- Compact size
- Ability to sense over a wide range of geometries
- No need for bearings, bushes or seals
- Can also be used to measure weight, vibration, strain, shock, tilt, pressure and even temperature (by expansion).